Pages

Saturday 2 March 2013

5 Reasons Why Adults Stop Watching 'Real' Cartoons

There's a reason cartoons are aimed at kids, the colourful drawings and shenanigans don't filter well when your an old pompous windbag.

Image: gawker.com
Now don't you go raising your pitch forks and quoting Gary Coleman, cartoons like Family Guy, American Dad, Boondocks, Simpsons, etc are an exception. They're either aimed at that fake tanned bod of yours or you've grown up with them. Heck Simpsons has been doing its homer dance since 1989 and Family Guy starts at 11pm... (Unless you student it, mwahaha). So shut up and sit down, I'm talking real cartoons, the kind you use to zombie the kids on cartoon network while you sneak off to watch Romans spank themselves on Spartacus.


1. Kids
The main reason you don't watch cartoons is because of the blood suckers around you, what with their constant commentary and spoilers

'Chill, He's the villian' (gstatic.com)
I mean I try but even after I sit down with them to watch, they're flicking through to some new show once they've seen what they need to see, the evil rascals, suckering me in with Tom and Jerry only to find myself watching the same episode of Johnny Test I saw 2 days ago ><" .... well played.

2. I've got better things to do
You got a life you say? Well alright you are wearing some fancy clothes and work in an office so bravo, you've bested me this time and damn you look hot...
Texting while taking a dump, its the new lush (photographyphotoshoot.com) 
So what you doing later? Watching TOWIE? Whats that? The only way is Essex? ..... Oh.. I love that show! Just let me open this window
Please, don't drag me back in there! (funnyfailpictures.com) 
You just can't help dirty pleasures but saying you got better things to do just doesn't cut it, especially if you watch these shows like you're on crack. 

3. Peer Pressure
You watch cartoons still, I haven't watched cartoons since I was a kid! and all that other nonsense people shoved into your face to shame you, you little cry baby... I bet you still have a nightlight, awh.

Be it turning vegan, totally wrong!, or wearing bright clothes people gotta judge, but usually it's just some whimsical notion or banter, now say you watch cartoons and people will be giving you the "Er really" look all around. Curse you peer pressure! You heartless b#tch, I'd rather carry on with my life than let people judge me again #sob#. But stand your ground and you'll find people will understand your thinking, just show them this from Adventure Time:



"You watched all of that? You baby" ;J

4. Nostalgic Bias
Everyone believes with ferocious conviction that their childhood era was the greatest and every other era can suck it. This mindset is totally understandable because those were some of our happier days free of responsibility to watch our favorite shows. FOOLS! There are anyways going to be at least a few if not more truly great cartoons that come out every five years. The very notion that these new cartoon being better than the ones your grew with up with offends you. You won't even bring yourself to watch these new cartoons with an open mind because it scares the be-je-sus out of you to think that anything could be better than what you use to watch and its a waste of your time! That's not to say the cartoons you watched aren't good by any means. In the end you're only denying yourself the chance to watch the new cartoons that could rekindle your love for the medium.



5. YOU!
Your damn right it's your fault! Like leading mouse to cheese, we cartoonies just can't help but express our love for this madness, so when a non-believer peeks into our realm of shenanigans BLAM! The fictional cheese becomes a mouse trap, guillotining that relationship and robbing you of your victory, you selfish ... b word.

So how can you end this ludicrous loop of disapproval? The hell if I know, maybe we're just wired differently, all I know is I got my Adventure Time and I'm gona sing this song when i'm on a boat.

SO give in to the chaos and get Reel Hungry ;J

Like, share us on Facebook ReelHungry
and follow on twitter @ReelHungry
Stay Hungry

No comments:

Post a Comment